Monday, January 7, 2008

knitting rut



I'm in a bit of a knitting rut! Have started and slowly worked on the button cuff gloves... my own version using the Handy Book of Patterns. I have a pinky and a ring finger so far. I'd like them done by the time I go to Paris at the end of January, but it's not looking good. I need to have a project going for the plane ride and it has to be sort of mindless so that I don't need to have a pattern on my lap or a lot of bulk with me, which means socks and that means I need these gloves done so I can use the needles! Plus I am late on TWO baby sweaters..... babies are born and growing fast....

The mittens are a Christmas present for my friend, Eamon. He's 6. They are Malabrigo. Gloves are Colinette Jitterbug, the picture does not do them justice because their color is really wonderful.

No comments: